Monday, June 17, 2013

This is Kartik Jhanwar

It has been really long since i have written something so here it goes

Prologue : The title of this post is inspired by the ST- 'This is Clark Kent' , and is not my factual description.
and is definitely not linked to 300 - this is Sparta scene.



10:25 am : the usual time i start walking towards my office but today i decided to plug in my earphones and play the latest masterpiece by Hans Zimmer
Man of Steel OST.
Selected the song - 'This is Clark Kent'
and started walking towards the office and as the piano played i felt a rush , i felt as if it was the background music of my life. Instantly it brought up a scene from the movie where the boy Clark is playing with a dog and is wearing a red cape sort of thing( a towel perhaps).
As i continued walking thinking about the scene it occurred to me that i am also destined to something great.
Whether i do it or not is another question but this composition made me feel so
Try playing this soundtrack while you are going to your office , i am sure you will also feel something.

10:15 pm(co incidentally ,almost 12 hours after i played it in the morining) - I started playing the song again and i was instantly reminded of my childhood , in particular one class room session in 5th standard .
The substitute Social Sciences  teacher decided not to teach and gave us a free period(those days a free period meant a lot- equivalent to a your boss saying go home , take a day off).
She was our substitute teacher for almost a month and i kind of had a crush on her. I can't recall her name but she was very nice.
It was her last day as our teacher and also in the school.It was an era of scrapbooks and
I decided to ask her to make an entry. I walked to her and presented my school diary to her to write  something(many other students also did). She asked in her soothing voice , Kartik
what do you want to become when you grow up and i said  an Astronaut.
As a child i used to visit my maternal home a lot and it is in Bikaner and the nights
there were very cool (thanks to the surrounding sands) We used to sometimes sleep on the roof and i used to love watching stars , sometimes even tried to count them. I was fascinated by the sky and hence the astronaut thing
She then wrote something and wished me luck.I think what she wrote was may you become an astronaut or something like that and signed it
I remember how happy I was and at the same time very sad coz of the fact that she was leaving. I am not very good with goodbyes

So coming back to the present - This song is pretty amazing and brought back a memory where in i thought i will become an astronaut and do something great.
Although i cannot be an astronaut now but maybe I am destined to do something great.

Go search your memory , go do something great
Thank you Hans Zimmer , thank you Man of Steel


1 comment: