Sunday, April 9, 2017

380 Days of xyzz

380 days of me.
Note: Inspired by 500 days of summer

 Day 1: Convocation-Begin with an ending.
Supposedly a day that marked the end of everything Indore (my other Alma mater, Thapar being the first one). End of two very emotion filled years. Friends, heart break(s), infinite parties, 81 days in Europe and 10 days of chicken pox, beautiful sunsets and campus jogs. My parents decided to skip the whole thing which gave me one more reason to party. The whole saying goodbyes was very difficult and along with that the feeling of embarking upon a new phase after the MBA campus life, with all friends scattered in itself felt dark and bleak.

Day 239: Coldplay
From their entry to exit, I was ecstatic, full of happiness, childlike joy, bouncing around with joy and tears of happiness. The moment they played The Scientist instant tears developed and the same happened when they played Everglow, paradise and fix you. We thought that the concert would be not more than 20 minutes but since it was Coldplay, we had to attend it and to our surprise they almost played for 2 hours.I am glad I attended this concert and even more glad to have shared this amazing experience with a man who loves Coldplay as much or even more, Kishore( wow rhyme moment :P). 

Day 61: The greatest beard
97 days of unkempt beard, raw in its truest form and definitely a head turner (people in Jodhpur are not used to such a beard). During my break between college and job I decided to keep that beard in memory of a friendship. Well now it doesn’t even matter but yeah this beard made one thing sure that I and it are inseparable, my current beard is 105 days old. A wise friend once said, you simply do not grow a beard, the beard grows you.

Day 204: Amreecan Express
During my stint at Amreecan(internal joke) express, I made a very good friend and then due to something very stupid we fell apart until one fine day, thanks to FB memories thing, we connected again and met on day 203 along with another amreecan express friend. It was a brilliant night that ended up in a flight journey worth narrating for a lifetime. <insert some keywords which cannot be said in public> made this flight awesome.

Day 331: The grand Punjabi Wedding
The man who made my Eurotrip possible, the man who hosts me whenever I am in Patiala and ever optimistic, got married on this day. The whole ceremony was so peaceful and left me with moist eyes. I had specifically kept a beard to look as much of a Sardar as possible and indeed I did look like one. I still cannot fathom that the guys who I grew with at Thapar are now old enough to get married, it scares me and at the same time makes me happy. I guess this is beginning of part 2 of this book of Life.

Days 242-275: the darkest timeline
One failure after the other, a combined effect of many made me completely lose all my positive energy. I literally fought with every friend close to me and distanced them for a while. I spent a bachelor’s trip not talking to one friend because I was so low and had fought with him for trying to be there for me. It was the lowest low and darkest dark. I hardly talked during this phase and became paranoid, but thanks to the Legion, the Christmas morning snow, I was back to normal by New Year '17.

Day 169: 3rd Annual Bar run
Continuing the tradition which I and Angad started in 2013 inspired by Simon Pegg’s: The World’s end,We made a plan along with 3 other friends to do pub hopping in Bombay, but ended up covering just 2.5 pubs/bars and decided to go home and sleep(age catching up I guess). But yeah the whole effort to gather in Bombay and do it is why we do it. Sharing experiences, reliving memories and creating new moments. 

These are just some of the days of 380 days of highs and low, how highs/lows of past affects your future. There are people who make you and there are people who break you, and it might happen any fine day.
These days remind me of how alive I am, how involved I want to be with everything and everyone around me. I guess this is what living is, feeling is. No matter what awaits, lose or win, it will define you. 
Does this scare me, yes it does! Does this make me hold myself?, No, 
Go all in, feel it all. Go Live

For background score



No comments:

Post a Comment