Monday, January 17, 2011

Life a game or vice versa??

This post is dedicated to a very close friend of mine "fir3bolt".
i have  divided this post into different time zones as per the level of games(graphic quality wise)




Dark Age
It was 97-98 when i guess i played my first computer game dave and following it were zool,Prince and Wolf 3d
on my cousins computer.

Feudal Age
Around 1999 when my uncle bought a computer(the first computer in the house) and i got a chance to lay hands on that beautiful machine, there was this excitement  and even 9 years later when i got my laptop there was the same excitement.On that machine i played Road Rash,Duke Nukem 3d.
Road Rash has a unique style to it, even the graphics now may seem to be crappy but i played that game extensively and it was addictive.
.


Castle Age
Hidden and Dangerous was a revolutionary game that altogether changed my gaming style, i started spending hours on gaming and that too without any breaks in between , started skipping my meals so as to complete the missions.This game is based on World War II and is a third person shooter game , it is the most extensive and difficult game i have ever played and definitely stands somewhere in the top of my favorite game list.


How can i forget Hitman again a third person shooter game which had an amazing story line, tactical missions and pretty decent graphics.I remember how i used to play this game with my brother , we used to make strategy to assassinate our targets. This was one hell of a game





Imperial Age
Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun and Command and Conquer  Red Alert 2 both of them strategy games which i played at my cousins place . Me and my brother used to spend 4 to 5 hours every sunday on these games. Apart from these two Age of Empires, Age of Mythology were also there which also consumed lot of my time :D.

Around 2002 Sony Play Station was becoming quiet common and being a gamer it did grab my attention and the result was me spending my pocket money on the gaming shop sort of thing popularly known as "MAMA ki Dukaan"
Among the games i played were Smack Down, Crash Bandicoot  etc.
It was around 2005 when i got my desktop and gaming still continued.
Max Payne 2 with its revolutionary style( the time thingy) did fascinate me and kept me engrossed in gaming.
Need For Speed underground, hot pursuit 1 and NFS II were the racing games that i came across and these game i must say were really nice.


i feel this post has become to lengthy and i am too tired


To be continued....

2 comments:

  1. Nice post man!
    Giving it a gaming touch makes it all the more better. :P
    And I have a affinity towards Gaming References. I must however confess that I haven't played most of the games you've mentioned :/, but the references to Age are the ones I liked. Haha! Nice concept btw, life in terms of Gaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. age was on my mind when i posted

    ReplyDelete